- 100g Lupin Flake
- 10g vegetable stock
- 50g onion – finely chopped
- 60g gluten-free bread crumbs (or other starches IE: tapioca/ potato/ rice)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10g chopped parsley
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 180g water
- Plain Greek yoghurt, sweet chilli sauce or condiment of choice to serve.
Place all ingredients except water in a bowl blend well together.
Add the water to the Lupin Flake mix and combine well, using a spoon.
Let mixture stand for 15 minutes.
With wet hands form the mixture into balls of desired size.
Let balls stand for 15 minutes in the fridge or a cool place before frying.
Deep fry balls in oil until golden brown (The oil should be very hot. Test this by sprinkling a pinch of Lupin Flake into the oil – if it sizzles then it’s ready).
Serve with plain Greek yoghurt, sweet chilli sauce or condiment of your choice.